Pages



Sunday, September 26, 2010

Parti de Mariee (Bridal Shower!)

Earlier this month I had my bridal shower. So you know how when those incredible days that are all about you are finally here (like your 18th birthday, graduation day, blah blah blah all that crap along with those other beautiful days...) and you think you are going to wake up and little blue birds are going to fly through your window and quietly chirp into your ear to wake you up. and Oprah is there with her whole film crew to document this special day. Well, my day didn't start off this way...  it's like I just woke up in this funk. I had absolutely NO reason to be mad, or sad, or whatever I was. I just couldn't pinpoint what was wrong with me. Then I started to talk to myself to try to get pumped up.

                                    Me: "Drea, what's wrong?"

                                        ---"I don't know."

                                    Me: "Well you're acting like there is something up your butt, so cut it out."

                                      ---"I'm trying, geez."

                                    Me: "Why does you're face look like someone just plucked out ten of your noise hairs."

                                      ---"I haven't the slightest idea, I'm happy."
                                    Me: "Well, smile then."

                                   --- "That's the fakest smile I've ever seen."

                                   Me: "Bite me."


 So after this pathetic conversation with myself I asked God if he could make me happy because this was a very big day in my life. If you know me, you know I'm HORRIBLE at hiding my emotions, like its the worst acting job you've ever seen - I could never win an Emmy =(   so as I pulled up to my future mother-in-laws house I began to regroup and genuinely get excited for opening all of my presents seeing all my wonderful girlfriends and eat yummy food.

My besties did the BEST job capturing a French 1940's feel- which is exactly what I wanted. Thank you girls!!!



look at those presents... WOO HOO!!
















I'm so dumb


Future mommy-in-law!


I know, I know..were I'm adorable







love that girl!




Thanks to everyone that helped with this. I seriously love you.



And to anyone that wants to come to my bachelorette party, you're invited! Even if you can't make it to the wedding. Send me a message if you want to come =]



No comments:

Post a Comment