Pages



Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hi friends~

Hope you are enjoying the end of summer. I have had many great experiences recently. SO many weddings coming up! My favorite experience this month was being a bridesmaid for my sister Christina's wedding last week. She looked absolutely stunning. Her gorgeous white gown with lace sleeves and a lace back made her look like a princess. That was the happiest I have seen her and I know her future will be full of joy and peace with such a great hubby by her side.

My mom is getting re-married next month so I have another excuse to visit my fam in CA=] It is always hard to leave them. The trips there are always too short. It makes me sad that I don't have them nearby just to stop by for a quick meal or get a hug when I really need one. I am realizing the benefits of socializing more than ever with this new job. And I have to admit I just don't do well when I am alone. I am thankful for the accountability I get from God and my husband, although it would be nice to have some girlfiends that lived nearby. Last week when mom and I were chatting she asked me what the hardest part of marriage was. I answered that overall it was great, but when I am my innate selfish self and think I can do everything on my own or don't need to answer to anyone I end up falling flat on my face. Santification hurts but I am so glad I serve a God that desires growth from me and does not turn His face from me when I am being a butt.

I got my bridesmaid dress for my besties wedding. Want a peek?

 The color is sage and beige. I'm planning on wearing some nude pumps. I love the color choices Julie & Jason decided on : (Navy & Sage)


My friends weddings are such a great reminder of how it felt on my wedding day. I was reminded of the vows I promised Max and how I have done a pretty good job keeping them and vice versa. I think we are a perfect match. He's my best bud!

In other news, I have been SUCH a slacker in the kitchen lately... I have been spending most of my down time (which is not a lot) sleeping or getting ready for our upcoming trips. My goal for this weekend is to attempt to make a White Cheddar Souffle. Anyone have success with a souffle before? Or completely fail and want to give me tips on what not to do lol?


Au revoir!

1 comment:

  1. Aw yay!!! So glad your sister's wedding went well! I'm jealous of all your CA trips! I'm missing the beach like crazy lately. Oh well. Maybe I'll go next year?

    Anywho, love the bridesmaid dress for Julie's wedding! Awesome color scheme! Seriously, so exciting!!! :D

    ReplyDelete