Pages



Thursday, September 15, 2011

Recipe: Roasted Lemon Chicken

I made my first roasted chicken a few weeks ago! It was suprisingly good. I say that because most of the time I am handling raw meat in preparation for a meal, I sort of get grossed out and can't even enjoy the meal as much as I know I would if I hadn't seen the meat in its raw form (strange, I know.)

Here's what went down:

I started out with a whole, uncooked chicken. I smeared two tablespoons of unsalted butter on it, along with salt, pepper, rosemary, and sage.  It cooked in the oven for a total of about 1 hr and 20 min.



Before sticking the bird in the oven I added sliced lemon wedges inside of the chicken and sliced lemon to the outside of it for more delicious, fat and calorie-free flavor!



In order for your bird to maintain its moistness and not burn, you should baste it. Every 20 min. I pulled it out of the oven and basted the chicken with the juices that have drained from it.



Here's what the end product looked like after I removed the lemon!



This meal was so easy and delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment