Pages



Friday, May 7, 2010

Relapse

DATE NIGHT:

So after the gym, Max and I finally decided on a place to go to dinner. We decided on Lucille's BBQ, Black Pepper Grill, P.F. Chang's King Louie's Fishhouse. This allergy to gluten really kicks my butt sometimes. I am weak strong in resisting my urges to food that I cannot have, but tonight was impossible. My crab and shrimp salad finally reached me when I noticed it looked like crap not necessarily like the salads I am used to. There were whole carrot and celery sticks in it, along with a mountain high stack of olives, hard boiled eggs which I dispise do not care for and cucumber and tomatoe slices that couldn't even have fit in Julia Robert's mouth- I mean these things were huge! After taking off amost of these things I began enjoying my salad- until I looked over at Max's plate. Max knows that I can't have bread and that nearly 99% of the restaurants we go to bring over bread as an appetizer, so he usually places it along the far side of his plate where I don't have to look at it. But tonight was too hard to resist! Max took a piece of the steaming hot sourdough bread (my favorite BREAD!) and scooped out the middle, soft part and began chewing it. There was no going back after this.

"I can't take it anymore. Give me a piece," I said in a ravenous voice.

"Are you sure," Max asked.

"I'm sure. I don't care if I'm itchy all night. I NEED some."

and that was that.

After dinner we walked around the District and enjoyed the cool Summer breeze....

.....until i saw....... P.F. CHANGS!!


Thoughts circulating in Drea's mind-

(They have one of your favorite desserts there- and its gluten free. You love chocolate. There's fruit in it so its kind of healthy. It's relatively small. You're burning calories right now by walking that you can afford to make up with that dessert. You went to the gym earlier...


....ENOUGH! I'll ask Max if I can get one!)


Of course Max said yes and we went in and got THE GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE DOME WITH BERRIES.

and guess what? My stomach is queasy all because I couldn't control myslef and finished all half of that darn chocolate miracle all by myself.


(stomach induced weak voice mumbling):


Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment